2021-22 Season (August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022)
Winter Season (League Starts between August 1, 2021 to March 15, 2022)
Summer Season (League Starts between March 15, 2022 to July 31, 2022)
Submit this form with each batch of membership cards submitted. Payments should be with a check (bowling center or league secretary) or money order made payable to GLAC USBC.
For bowlers aged 18+
Standard USBC Membership: $25
($10 local + $2 state + $13 national)
Lifetime USBC Member (1– or 2– prefix) $0
“Senior” League Membership: $21
- Senior bowls ONLY in a GLAC USBC certified “SENIOR” league
Senior Upgrade to “Standard” League: $4
- Senior bowls OUTSIDE of Senior league in a “STANDARD” league
Membership card only (POL): $0
- Card was purchased in a GLAC USBC league or ONLINE (bowl.com)
Local Transfer Fee to SLAC (POA): $10
- Membership was purchased in another CA Association
State & Local Transfer Fee (POAS): $12
- Membership was purchased in another state
Basic membership for Short Season League: $12 per league
Bowlers receive USBC-certified average so bowlers can compete in local, state and national tournaments. They do not receive local awards. In addition to the league having 16 or fewer sessions, the league must designate as a short-season league; the league’s prize fund will be bonded. Each USBC Adult Basic membership will be good only for that league, which means if a bowler wants to participate in another short-season league, they would have to purchase another USBC Adult Basic membership or upgrade to a USBC Adult Standard membership.
Membership cards are electronic only for the USBC Adult Basic membership. High score achievements will be recognized and officially recorded by USBC, but awards such as rings and plaques are not included in the USBC Adult Basic membership. Members do have the option to purchase high score awards.
Bowlers with a current Adult Standard membership would not be required to purchase a USBC Adult Basic membership to compete in a short-season league and would be eligible for honor score awards earned in the league.
At the 2012 USBC Annual Meeting, delegates approved a change to have all memberships end each July 31. The USBC Adult Basic membership was designed to provide a reasonably-priced alternative for proprietors and bowlers who want a USBC membership for short-season leagues, particularly in the spring or summer.
For Commonly Asked Questions about the new USBC Adult Basic Membership, please click here.
For bowlers aged 3–17
Standard SLAC USBC Membership: $15
(National Processing Fee: $4 + Local Processing Fee: $11)
Youth Local Processing Fee: $11
Membership was purchased in another Assoc. or with USBC HQ
Membership card for roster only: $0
Membership was purchased in another GLAC USBC youth league
Junior Gold Membership
– Upgrade to Junior Gold U12 Division: $10 + Youth Standard ($15)
– Upgrade to Junior Gold U15 / U18 Division: $30 + Youth Standard ($15)
Visit BOWL.com for information on Junior Gold Membership
Special Olympics Youth Membership: $15
- Special Needs bowlers OVER age 18 in Youth Leagues only
- Doctor’s letter required and will be kept on file
USBC PROGRAMS and SERVICES
The United States Bowling Congress officially launched Jan. 1, 2005, as the organization to serve adult and youth bowlers in the United States. Today, USBC serves almost two million members. USBC is the national governing body of bowling as recognized by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). We’re a membership organization that provides standardized rules, regulations and benefits to make bowling fair and fun for everyone. USBC stands for values that include commitment, innovation, integrity, inclusiveness and fun.
Part of USBC’s mission, as the national governing body, is to provide programs and services that enhance the bowling experience. As state or local representatives of USBC, the board plays a vital role in the success of USBC programs by ensuring they are implemented properly. The following flyer highlights why you should certify a league. DOWNLOAD FLYER
BUY YOUR USBC MEMBERSHIP CARD EACH YEAR!
By joining USBC, you will become a part of a family of almost two million members with access to the most exclusive offers, tournaments and opportunities available to bowlers throughout the United States. At USBC, there are many benefits to being a member:
- YOUR CERTIFIED AVERAGE. Your USBC average is nationally recognized and tracked. As your certified average is updated, you can track it with our league standing sheets of ‘Find A Member‘ functions on BOWL.com.
- NATIONALLY-RECOGNIZED RULES. USBC is the national governing body for the sport of bowling as recognized by the United States Olympic Committee. Your membership ensures that you bowl under nationally recognized rules and regulations.
- EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS. As a member, the integrity of your game will never change. USBC ensures all bowling balls, pins, lane surfaces, oils, cleaners and more are inspected and certified, ensuring a fair and competitive game for all USBC members nationwide.
- TOURNAMENTS. Your certified average is your ticket to local, state and national bowling tournaments! No matter your skill level, USBC has a tournament for you!
- MEMBER REWARDS. Thousands of USBC members like you are saving money on their car insurance, gym memberships, cell phones, travel and much more with our Member Rewards program!
- Also, your membership will help support the following:
- TEAM USA AND THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT. Team USA relies on your support and represents YOU as they compete internationally and continue to push for bowling to become an Olympic sport.
- THE SUPPORT OF CHARITABLE CAUSES. USBC and its members are proud to support several charitable outlets including Bowl for the Cure, Bowlers to Veterans Link and Special Olympics.
- THE FUTURE OF THE SPORT. With your support, USBC provides hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to America’s youth bowlers each and every season.