Please review the list of USBC non-conforming bowling balls to avoid league forfeitures or being disqualified in tournaments.
Click here for list…
NEW AWARDS COMING SOON!
League Secretaries will be emailed the new form once all league applications have been submitted. Online submissions are updated and available to use now.
- 50 pins over average game
- 100 pins over average game
- 100 pins over average series
- 299 game
- 300 game
- 800 series
- League Champions
- NLAC LOCAL AWARDS | GLAC LOCAL AWARDS
2021-22 GLAC USBC AVERAGE BOOKS are now available
Download the book here or order a printed book for $25. We can mail the book for free. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to purchase a book. You pay with cash, check or zelle.
GLAC USBC Annual Meeting – July 9, 2022 (Zoom)
- Thank you to those that attended our meeting
- For the 2022-23 season starting on August 1, Adult membership card pricing will be $30 and Senior membership from senior league will be $25 (more details will be in the winter kits)
- New tournaments and programs will also be rolled for the new season as well as enhanced local awards… Stay tuned!
- Click here for meeting recap…
Contact Tom at email@example.com if interested.
Youth earn scholarships!
- 2X a month on a Sunday
- 3 games Trios format; Min. one youth per team
- 10 Sessions at 9 different centers
- No-Tap Sweepers
- Click here for league dates
League Locations: Cal Bowl, Corbin Bowl, Harley’s Simi Bowl, Harley’s Camarillo Bowl, Jewel City Bowl, Keystone Lanes, Matador Bowl, Santa Clarita Lanes and Winnetka Bowl
$5,550 total prize money awarded
$5,550 total prize money awarded
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, November 5, 2022
ATTENTION LEAGUE SECRETARIES…
- Visit the LEAGUE SECRETARY INFO page for league documentations (league app, dues worksheets). Also, let us know if you need pre-printed cards for your league.
- Remember that all bowlers in your league must submit a USBC membership application card – SUBS INCLUDED! Failure to certify a bowler will result in league game forfeitures or possible suspension. Also DON’T hold on to the membership cards – You may cost someone their 300 or 800 honor award!
- All membership expires July 31. Summer leagues with current members may extend until October 1 for award purposes only.
- Submit ONE check or money order payment with each submission. Only personal checks from bowling centers or League Secretaries will be accepted. Make payment out to “GLAC USBC”.
- Rulebooks are no longer printed and can be downloaded at BOWL.com.
- The minimum age to join an adult league is 18
- Birth dates are required on the membership cards in order to process
Reminder… Senior membership pricing for $25 are for those bowling in “SENIOR” certified league only. If a senior membership bowler bowls as a regular or substitute in a “Standard” league, they must pay the difference to upgrade to Standard membership. If the senior bowler bowls in another senior league, then they are fine with their senior membership.
- The minimum age for adult leagues is 18 (Rule 16)
- Only a dry towel may be used to clean bowling balls during league and tournaments
- Check the list of USBC non-conforming bowling balls to avoid league forfeitures or being disqualified in tournaments. Click here for list…
Out of Specification. If it is found that a bowling ball is or is suspected of being out of specification, the bowler must be told by the tournament or league official to remove the ball from competition until it can be measured. If the ball is not removed or the bowler had prior knowledge of such, games are subject to forfeiture or disqualification. If the bowler had no prior knowledge, the games would not be subject to forfeiture, but the ball would not be able to be used until it meets specifications.
How is this rule enforceable and what is the penalty for those who don’t comply? Once it is discovered that a bowler is using equipment which is not within specifications, the ball must be removed from competition and corrected before it can be used during certified competition. If the bowler uses a ball that is non-conforming with knowledge that it is out of specification, the scores are subject to forfeiture.
Welcome to the 2022-23 Season!
The association is already working on the entries for the Open, Women’s, Youth, and Senior tournaments. In the 2022-23 season, we will run the events in both former jurisdictions of the NLAC USBC and SLAC USBC and all bowlers are open to bowl both events. The SoCal Queens & Princess Tournament and the SoCal Masters & Apprentice Tournament will be held in September 2022 and we hope to pick up on the momentum we created. Please visit our website for tournament entries and results.
Our youth bowlers are the future of the sport, so I would like to ask that ALL bowlers support our youth. Sadly, we will be in a rebuilding phase over the next several years as the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic and the maximum age reduction has resulted in a massive loss in our youth bowler pool. As a former youth bowler (many… many… many years ago), I can attest to the fact that bowling was a much needed outlet to get through the confusing period of what is known as “the teens”, so please support the youth bowlers, as they are not only the future of our sport, they are also the future of our society. We also welcome increased adult participation and involvement in our youth committee to raise funds to provide additional scholarship opportunities.
The Board of Directors and I will continue to work hard to provide the best product for the bowlers of the Greater LA County USBC, however if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us as we would love to hear from you. Let us all keep these words in mind and move forward as ONE united team to support and enhance the sport we all love!