IMPORTANT BOWLING BALL INFORMATION:
Please review the list of USBC non-conforming bowling balls to avoid league forfeitures or being disqualified in tournaments.
Click here for list…
NEW LOCAL AWARDS ARE HERE!
League Secretaries have been emailed the new award form. Please submit your league’s award and enjoy our new awards!
- 50 pins / 100 pins over average game
- 100 pins over average series
- 700 series for Ladies
- 299 & 300 game
- 800 series
- NORTH GLAC LOCAL AWARDS | SOUTH GLAC LOCAL AWARDS
GLAC USBC AVERAGE BOOK – Available for Download
Download the new 2022-23 average book here or order a printed book for $25. We can mail the book for free. Email us at [email protected] if you would like to purchase a book. You can pay with cash, check or zelle.
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- Deadline: APRIL 15
- All applicants must be HS Seniors and current youth members of the Greater LA County USBC.
- A maximum of two boys and two girls will be awarded $500 each, but not necessarily every year if the required points are not met.
- All Applicants MUST submit the last three years of school transcripts in order to be considered.
- Provide a copy of BOWL.com membership profile and a current photo.
Prize money/Scholarships awarded in each division
FUNDRAISING EVENT & BVL STATE QUALIFIER
November 4, 2023 – SANTA CLARITA LANES
CONGRATULATIONS ANDREA CASTILLO!
CONGRATULATIONS JON DISO!
NOVEMBER IS BVL MONTH!
Greater LA County USBC is rolling out the BVL Challenge to all leagues!
November is BVL month and we would like to continue to bring awareness to this cause. Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL) is bowling’s charity that raises funds for disabled veterans helping to pay for recreational items in VA centers that the government does not provide. The charity was started in 1942 by California women bowlers, so it should be no surprise that California leads the charge every year. Donations collected are submitted to California USBC and subsequently to the national BVL organization. Unlike other charities, all funds raised in California are distributed to California Veteran Centers only. California has led in donations nationwide for decades and we would like to do our part to continue our support.
We are encouraging GLAC leagues to help fundraise for this charity. Be creative! You can do raffles, bowl-a-thons or straight donations. As a thank you for your efforts, GLAC USBC will award leagues with the following prizes:
- League with the highest dollar amount collected will receive a FREE ball of choice certificate (Storm, 900 Global or RotoGrip) to be raffled off to the league.
- League with the highest amount donated per regular league member will receive a FREE ball of choice certificate (Storm, 900 Global or RotoGrip) to be raffled off to the league.
- Second place in each category will receive one FREE individual entry into any 2023-24 GLAC USBC tournament to be raffled off to the league.
These prizes are our way of saying “THANK YOU” for your continued support of our California veterans and to BVL. While donations are always welcomed throughout the year, only funds received by DECEMBER 8, 2023 will be recognized for this challenge.
THANK YOU GLAC USBC BOWLERS! For more information on BVL, please visit their website at https://www.bvl.org
TOTAL COLLECTED TO DATE: $5,184
DONATIONS RECEIVED FROM:
SFV 500 Club
Winnetka Bowl – Funtimers
Winnetka Bowl – Van Nuys Eagles
Corbin Bowl – Guys and Dolls
GLAC Singles Tournament
Santa Clarita Lanes – Club 50
Cal Bowl – Vegas Crackpots
Cal Bowl – Tuesday Night Special
Gardena Bowl – Dynamic Double Ds
Cal Bowl – Josh Hudson’s Senior Men’s Trio
Valencia Lanes – Friday Seniors
Pinz – Mon 710 Mixed 4 Telco
Who will win the FREE bowling ball for their league?
Win a FREE Entry into 2023-24 GLAC USBC Tournaments!
|Travel*||GLAC Ad/Youth (Y)||Brandon Warner||youth|
|Travel*||GLAC Ad/Youth (Y)||Sierra Terry||youth|
|Bowlero Lancaster||Clubhouse Seniors||Christine Hale||adult|
|Gable House Bowl / Cal||Tuesday Night Special||Theresa Bell||adult|
|Gardena Bowl||N2IT||Jackie Glover||adult|
|Travel||GLAC Ad/Youth (A)||Jerry Warner||adult|
|Valencia Lanes||Vegas Aces||Marissa Esposito||adult|
LEAGUE SECRETARY SUBMISSION DRAWING
$50 AMAZON CARD WINNER:
Diane Robles – Pinheads, Cal Bowl
May 13, 2023
2023 HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
ATTENTION LEAGUE SECRETARIES…
- Visit the LEAGUE SECRETARY INFO page for league documentations (league app, dues worksheets). Also, let us know if you need pre-printed cards for your league.
- Remember that all bowlers in your league must submit a USBC membership application card – SUBS INCLUDED! Failure to certify a bowler will result in league game forfeitures or possible suspension. Also DON’T hold on to the membership cards – You may cost someone their 300 or 800 honor award!
- All membership expires July 31. Summer leagues with current members may extend until October 1 for award purposes only.
- All summer leagues must re-certify by October 1. Summer averages will then be posted. The winter re-certification will post averages with summer averages backed out.
- Submit ONE check or money order payment with each submission. Only personal checks from bowling centers or League Secretaries will be accepted. Make payment out to “GLAC USBC”.
- Rulebooks are no longer printed and can be downloaded at BOWL.com.
- The minimum age to join an adult league is 18
- Birth dates are required on the membership cards in order to process
Reminder… Senior membership pricing for $25 are for those bowling in “SENIOR” certified league only. If a senior membership bowler bowls as a regular or substitute in a “Standard” league, they must pay the difference to upgrade to Standard membership. If the senior bowler bowls in another senior league, then they are fine with their senior membership.
- The minimum age for adult leagues is 18 (Rule 16)
- Only a dry towel may be used to clean bowling balls during league and tournaments
Check the list of USBC non-conforming bowling balls to avoid league forfeitures or being disqualified in tournaments. Click here for list…
OUT OF SPECIFICATION. If it is found that a bowling ball is or is suspected of being out of specification, the bowler must be told by the tournament or league official to remove the ball from competition until it can be measured. If the ball is not removed or the bowler had prior knowledge of such, games are subject to forfeiture or disqualification. If the bowler had no prior knowledge, the games would not be subject to forfeiture, but the ball would not be able to be used until it meets specifications.
How is this rule enforceable and what is the penalty for those who don’t comply? Once it is discovered that a bowler is using equipment which is not within specifications, the ball must be removed from competition and corrected before it can be used during certified competition. If the bowler uses a ball that is non-conforming with knowledge that it is out of specification, the scores are subject to forfeiture.
Welcome to the 2023-24 Season!
The new season came fast. We will be running our new events from last one more time to see if we get a larger turnout. We still paid out $1,000 to the first place Tournament of Champs team last year even though we did not have that many entries. Don’t lose out on the FREE prize money! All of our tournament information is on this website.
Our focus is still on our youth and continuing to re-build your youth programs. Help us to support the active youth programs that we have as they are not only the future of our sport, they are also the future of our society. We also welcome increased adult participation and involvement in our youth committee to raise funds to provide additional scholarship opportunities.
The Board of Directors and I will continue to work hard to provide the best product for the bowlers of the Greater LA County USBC, however if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us as we would love to hear from you.
The Greater LA County USBC is the largest local association in the state and our goal is to keep growing while we battle the loss of some of our centers. Thank you for your support and for helping to keep bowling alive in SoCal!!